Friday, May 4, 2007

Count down begins to Script Frenzy!

Yesterday, I realized with a start that Script Frenzy starts June 1! I headed over to the Website, logged in and checked out the forums. It's pretty quiet there right now, but since it's Script Frenzy's first year, it may take a couple times to become as big as NaNoWriMo. The goal of Script Frenzy is different, too. The object is to write a 20,000 word screenplay. Most screenplays top out at 120 pages, which equals an hour and a half of screentime.

I don't have an outline yet, but I chose family/teen drama as my category. It looks like I'll be writing a new novel and a screenplay next month! Wish me luck!

Anyone else going to participate?

4 shout outs:

Kelly Parra said...

Wow, very cool! I've never written a screen play or know how to. haha. Sounds like a cool experience. Good luck, Jessica!

Jessica Burkhart said...

Thanks, Kelly! I'm going to need lots of luck! LOL I'm a complete newbie at this writing field. :)

~Em~ said...

I'm not a scriptwriter, but this sounds intriguing...

Writing Angel said...

How cool is the website!! Oh my gosh. I'm writing a novel in June as part of www.kiwiwriters.org but just looking at the Script Frenzy website makes me want to join!

Good luck Jessica.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com