Thursday, January 17, 2008

ALA's 2008 picks and Tomorrow's Author Visit

I've been spending lots of time reading ALA's 2008 award and wow, the lists are fantastic! Among books that I've read and loved, Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Weiss and Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr are all 2008 Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers. Also on that list is upcoming guest Julie Halpern and Get Well Soon.

In the 2008 Best Book for Young Adults category, I've loved Robin Brande's Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Converting Kate by Beckie Weinheimer and Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin.

Congratulations to all of the deserving winners! :)

Tomorrow, author Linda Collison is stopping by and she's giving away two signed copies of Star-Crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Star Crossing was an amazing story,filled with all the ingredients of venture,excitement,and romance. The strange circumstances of this novel kept me on the edge of my chair until the very end. Linda has proven to me that she is a very talented author and I hope to see and read more of her work. I was so excited with the story that I passed the book on as soon as I finished it.

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews