Saturday, December 8, 2007

Writer Strike Resumes & Golden Compass Reviews

First, the talks to end the five week writer strike have ended with no resolution. Sigh. I feel bad for everyone all around. The boxoffice has been slow this year (again) and this is an awful time for this to be happening.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071208/ap_en_mo/hollywood_labor

And, the reviews for The Golden Compass are in. The reviews averaged out to be a B-, but I'm not too concerned. Tons of Hollywood movies go so-so reviews (Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End) and were boxoffice blockbusters. We'll see. If you go, come tell us what you thought!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808718640/critic

On Monday, I'll post an update on the class of 2k9. Plus, some very exciting news!

2 comments:

Emily Marshall said...

I saw Golden Compass last night, and I thought it was done well. I'm not a huge fantasy fan, but I enjoyed it. I've read the book and for the most part it was pretty similar. There were definitely changes, especially all the endings. But I think all the changes were necessary since it's a children's movie.

I thought the little girl that played Lyra did amazing for her first movie and no acting experience.

And so sad they have resolved the Writer's Strike. There seems to be several good movies coming out soon, though.

Jessica Burkhart said...

Yeah, I heard the ending was really different.

I read an interview with Dakota Blue Richards and she sounds like a great girl. Very uninterested in all the stardom.

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews