Thursday, November 8, 2007

National Novel Writing Month: Day 8 & WGA Strike Update

We're officially onto day eight! How's everyone feeling? I got a little tired yesterday, but I'm getting encouraged again since we're at day 8 and the word count is going up.

Has anyone gone to a sponsored write in yet? Or have you had your own write in? I think I'll have my own private write in party on Sunday and set myself up for four hours of typing. No TV or distractions. Just writing. See, I'm trying to talk myself into it... :)

By the way, has anyone been watching GOSSIP GIRL? I keep meaning to ask. I haven't seen an episode yet, but I plan to start watching them online. I'm curious if people who've read the books like the TV show.

WGA STRIKE UPDATE:

Felicity Huffman and Bill Macy joined strikers in LA. Patrick Dempsey, Katherine Heigl, Sandra Oh, Sally Fields, Ellen Pompeo, Sara Ramirez, John Stamos and Jimmy Kimmel also joined the WGA strikers. It's so nice to see actors supporting writers. I believe it was Sara who summed it up perfectly and said without the writers, she and the other actors would not have the characters we all know and love.

News reports say no new talks are scheduled.

1 comment:

Emily Marshall said...

I'm almost at 8300, which isn't too bad. Especially, since I think I scheduled non-writing time for one-day last weekend, knowing I'd be busy. So I'm only about one-day behind word-count wise.

And I love Gossip Girl. I'd definitely start watching it. I liked the books as well. I've only read up to like 8 or so. The show is pretty similar, but they vary it enough, that keeps me wondering what they are going to do next.

And I almost went to a write-in last night, but decided to stay home and write instead, since it was like a 45-minute drive for me. But I might go to one this weekend.

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews