Friday, November 2, 2007

National Novel Writing Month: Day 2

All right! We're here at day two! The first day of pain (kidding!) is behind us and now we're moving on. Were your word counts what you thought they'd be for yesterday? If not, don't despair! There's plenty of time to make it up.

Anyone going to a local write in? My area is having one tomorrow at my favorite branch of the library, so I may go. I've always wanted to try one.

So, I'll share my word count first. As I mentioned, I'm writing the second book in my Canterwood Crest series (you all like the new title?!) and I sit at: 7000 words. Today, I may not get any typing done since I have edits, so that's why I did such a big WC yesterday.

Share your totals, if you like, and if not push ahead on day two. :)

5 comments:

Teacake said...

7k! Very nice!

I'm at 3,400. My goal is to get as close as possible to the Sunday word count today so I can have the weekend for family. So naturally to achieve this goal I am... reading blogs.

Cate Gardner said...

Congrats on 7,000 words - you rock!!!

Jessica Burkhart said...

Awesome job, teacake! Yay! No kidding about blogs being distracting--I turn off my wireless router.

Thank you, Catherine! :)

Emily Marshall said...

7,000 you totally rock! I'm way behind already for November itself. But given I cheated to begin with and started early, I'm at around 15,000 words (which is pretty much what I started with). Hoping to get in a good push this weekend to catch up.

Jessica Burkhart said...

Emily, it doesn't matter if you started early! Who cares! You're still typing away with the rest of us! :)

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews