Tuesday, November 6, 2007

National Novel Writing Month: Day 6 and Striking Writers Unite

Week one is almost over! Hopefully, everyone is still going strong! A big shout out to Steph who had no time to type earlier and is now waaay up with the word count! Yay! :)

I ended yesterday at 12,000 and am going to get started in a while. I've got a bit of reading to do on some sections I edited in book one and then it's back to book two.

On the news last night, I saw Jay Leno handing out snacks to the writers on strike. Tina Fey picked up a sign in NYC and Julia Louis Dreyfuss did so in LA. Regis Philbin's daughter, J.J., a writer for Heroes and for The OC is striking as well.

I got my December issue of The Writer yesterday. Only two more issues before my March breakthrough column appears! I'm so excited! :)

Share your word counts and give us a one to two sentence description of your plot. (Hard, isn't it?) I'll post mine later.

4 comments:

Emily Marshall said...

5897 is word count for today. It should go up some by the end of the day, hopefully.

And sorry, I've decided not to post publicly any of my plots/book summary, since they are pretty high concept. If/when I sell it, I'll be more than happy to share :)

Stephanie J said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I'm quite proud of myself...

I did some writing last night but as I don't have a quality word processor, I have no idea what my WC has become. I also forgot to email it to myself to check and thus, it might be a few days before updates.

Glad all is going well with your book! Did you start from scratch at the beginning of Nano? I can't recall...

Unknown said...

What an inspirational read :)

Jessica Burkhart said...

Completely understood, Emily!

You should be so proud, Steph. We're all kicking butt! :)

Thanks for stopping by, Wiola. :)

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews