Saturday, November 10, 2007

National Novel Writing Month: Day 10 & Announcement

Finally! Saturday and a few uninterrupted hours to type! I went to a craft fair this morning with my mom and it just made me feel bad that I'm not a crafty person. Seriously, we saw some stuff I couldn't even begin to make.

How's everyone's typing coming? I managed to get in 1900 words yesterday and I'm hoping for the same or more today. I love seeing my little pie graph fill in the more I type and chart on the NaNo progress report. :)

I'm also making a small announcement today. Starting next year, I'm going to be doing video podcasts (when the situation arises) with quick segments of what it's like to be a debut author. From calls with agents, to stacks of paper drafts I've amassed, to visiting the local bookstores (chains and indies), to getting ARCs, deciding on giveaways, going to book fairs, etc. I want to take you all with me on this insane, exciting journey! I'm going to tape the most important moments and start a new section of the blog on the sidebar. So, in January of 2008, look for DIARY OF A DEBUT AUTHOR videos.

6 comments:

Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl said...

This sounds great, Jessica! I'm so amazed (and proud!) by all your success at such a young age ;0)

Keep up the great work and you're going to go far!

Smiles,
Michele
Writing the Cyber Highway

Jessica Burkhart said...

Hi, Michele!

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Emily Marshall said...

Diary of a Debut Author sounds exciting!! Can't wait. I'd love to hear more of the inside stuff about the business.

My NaNo count is slowly going up. I think I'm at around 11,000 words. But since I'm "unofficially" doing NaNo anyway, I might stop and start revising other chapters before I go on. My plot isn't coming out as well as I had hoped, so I think fixing it now will work out best in the long run.

Cate Gardner said...

Sounds interesting, Jessica :)

angus said...

I like watching everyone else's progress bars sliding up too. Though there's something oddly satisfying about updating your own growing count.

Just stumbled upon your blog this morning and I dig. I'll be reading...

Kerryn Angell said...

Ooh Yay!! I look forward to Diary of a Debut Author. I'm a big fan of writing podcasts and am getting addicted to the NaNoWriMo Viddler group. :)

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews