Monday, June 16, 2008

How people find me online

I've been reading how people have been finding me online and just thought I'd share some. They're a mix of odd and funny.

So, we've got these via SiteMeter:

Top 10 literary cities (I don't live in one)
Sarah Joy Brown on Facebook (I did blog about that...)
Sneak peaks at the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic (note the "a")
The Jessica Website (I'm thinking they're looking for Alba, Biel or Simpson)
Weinheimer dog pics (Huh???)
Obsessed with Twilight (Oh, so true)
Greenbrier, TN (my old home city)
Girly books releasing in July 2008 (What's a girly book?)
Red Hills Horse Trials 2009 (I'm so there!)

If you have a StatCounter or SiteMeter, how do people find you besides your name or book title?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Statcounter! In fact, I have it up and monitor it at nearly all hours of the day. Quite obsessive, I know :D

My top 5 search terms, other than my name and book, are:

- bio of scott westerfeld
- stephenie meyer's first choice edward
- kenny chesney new album
- christopher paolini brisingr
- listen to the call by regina spektor

--K

Jessica Burkhart said...

Okay, we need to start a Statcounter obsession club. :)

Those are cool search terms! Quite a variety there.

Mary Witzl said...

I blogged about this a few posts back -- it intrigues me what topics bring people to my blog. I've written about Scotch moss, slugs, and swimming caps on bald-headed men, and I had no idea these were such compelling topics. I swear, hundreds of people in the U.K. and U.S. think about eating slugs, and I would never have discovered this if I didn't have a blog. Hmmm...

I'll absolutely join any Statcounter obsession club. My Statcounter satisfies my inner nerd.

Cate Gardner said...

One of mine is scary!!!

- how to poison someone? Seriously
- Multiple personality syndrome (because I once used that as a blog title)
- The Poisoned Apple
- and a new one today 'Parachute Zombie' (I love that one).

I'm obsessed with statcounter.

Jessica Burkhart said...

How to poison someone?! OMG.

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews