Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Don't spill water on your outline!

Yesterday, I was working from my outline for my new Canterwood Crest book. I had it printed and had zillions of notes in the margins and ideas for what needed to be done in each chapter. It was beside my laptop while I typed and it gave me the directions I needed to finish each chapter.

I wrote some of those notes with a lovely purple Uni-Ball Vision and the rest with a blue Zeb-Roller.

Why should you care about my pen selections? Because I knocked a water glass onto my outline and everything I wrote with the Uni-Ball lifted off the pages and turned into one giant grape-colored smear. I would have had a fit if I hadn't JUST finished with the outline. This just shows how truly shallow I am--I went for a pretty pen based on its color when I could have been fine with a ball point Bic. But no, I had to have purple!

Lesson--Uni-Ball pens are not for writing anything you can't afford to lose if water should fall onto your paper.

(However, um, I still love my Uni so much that I'll continue to use it for other purposes...) :)

2 comments:

Alyson Noel said...

Yikes on the outline!

But--you can save the pen for your book signings! It can be your special, um, book-signing-pen . . .

Jessica Burkhart said...

Oooh, very true, Alyson. :)

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews