Don't worry! Canterwood Crest is FAR from over!
E-novellas to come with stories from Sasha & LT!

Friday, April 27, 2007

Video blogs

Taking a cue from Robyn Schneider's blog, I wanted to know what you all think about video blogs or podcasts. I got a digital camera for graduation (thanks Mom and Dad!) and am toying with the idea of doing a weekly or bi-weekly video blog. Perhaps something well thought out about writing or maybe spontaneous and off the cuff.

I also like the idea of an audio blog (not more than 3-4 minutes) about writing or something related to that subject.

Thoughts? If I did decide to do audio and/or video blogs, what topics would you like me to address?

TGIF!

5 shout outs:

Carrie said...

I sheepishly must admit that I've never watched a video blog. I totally feel like I'm missing out on a lot. But at the same time, I do a lot of my surfing at work (a quick blog read in between tasks) and I don't want to deal with the audio. And then my home computer's speakers are broken so I can't view them there (plus, I have a mac at home and sometimes it just won't play the videos).

So that's my take on it all. I think they're a cool idea - but tough for some people to see.

Jess said...

Jess, is that sort of like the YouTube stuff? I go there periodically and search for authors, agents, editors who are speaking. Personally, I like that kind of stuff but I'd never do it. :) I think a lot comes into play: voice for one. A shrill unpleasant voice can drive me nuts! Someone who isn't organized can do the same. I'd love to see you give this a try...but do it right. :) Presentation is everything. A friend of mine teaches creative writing, and English classes. I told her about your blog and she in turn told her students. I'll bet you have a lot of lurkers and don't know it, so don't think no one's watching & reading. LOL

Writing Angel said...

I'm a big fan of writing podacasts I Should Be Writing by Mur Lafferty and Whispers at the Edge by Phillipa Ballantine.

I say go for it. Just keep in mind how much of your time it will take to do.

Jess said...

Okay... I went to Robyn's video blog and I guess I'm really old, because it didn't do a thing for me. :) I like to LEARN things...even from 20-somethings. I've already learned from you, Jess... so I'd honestly hate to see you do something dumb... like just giggle and act goofy. :(

Just sign me,
Stuffy Old writer-woman Jess

Jessica Burkhart said...

Thanks for all of your helpful comments, everyone! I was afraid I wasn't "cool" enough because I hadn't done a video blog, but also wasn't sure if it should be serious or silly. I'm definitely on the serious side and if I do a video cast, I'd hope to teach bloggers something. :)

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com