Thursday, April 26, 2007

little bit of everything

I'm baaack! Finally! :) I spent the week engaged in tests and papers. I took my last test a little while ago and am tired but excited this week is behind me.

I have edits to do over the weekend for my YA manuscript (got a deadline to beat!) and am following up on queries and sending new ones, too. I'll also be hanging at Books-a-Million for a bit and checking out the new books. I'm on a mission though to find a good Graduate Record Exam practice book. I found one online with a DVD, so I'm going with that one, I think. I need extra help in math, so I'll be practicing for several months before I take the test. Anyone taken it before? I haven't even officially graduated yet, but I'm already looking forward to the next step, which is grad school. The list, you ask? Coming soon!

I'm off to work on my YA MSS, read Paula Chase's So Not the Drama and figure out why my computer's cooling pad fan is making an odd noise....

Regular daily blogging has returned so check back often!

PS- Looking for a magazine market every week? Check out April's blog each Wednesday for submission guidelines. Great idea, April!

4 comments:

Stephanie J said...

Ah the GRE...I never took it because I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to grad school right away, but I definitely have GRE and and LSAT prep books. I hope to use them someday...

I'm so glad you're back to blogging! It's been quiet without you. Congrats on finishing up your testing!

Unknown said...

Ah, you're back! Your blog posts have been missed. As Steph says, it's felt very quiet. And I really envy you going to those bookstores. :)

Mary Danielson said...

I'm so glad you're back! Congrats again!

Okay, as for GRE prep books...erm, so, I spent like forever browsing the options. The Barron's book is by far the best - it is fabulous, I did the whole thing and was very happy with my score!

Jessica Burkhart said...

Oooh, thanks Mary! I've already spent way too much time browsing the GRE books online, but I'm going to take your word and go with Baron. :)

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews