Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Twilight movie now shooting in Oregon

I read an article on Yahoo! yesterday that the Twilight movie had started shooting in Oregon. Since I’m obviously VERY behind on Twilight movie news, I was excited to hear for the first time that Edward is being played by the guy (Robert Pattinson) who played Cedric Diggory in HP. Cool casting choice! :)


I really can't wait to see this movie. It'll be interesting to see how well it does and if the sequels are made.

Anyway, I've been reading like crazy the past couple of days. When I was so engrossed in edits, I got zero reading done so I'm making up for it now. I'm on a historical kick. Very new to me. I've become addicted to Philippa Gregory and after reading The Other Boleyn Girl I moved on to The Boleyn Inheritance.

I also restocked my YA book pile and am itching to read Melissa de la Cruz's The Ashleys series and Hacking Harvard sounds good, too.

What do you guys think about the Twlight movie? Excited? Not?

Read the article here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080415/ap_en_mo/film_twilight

6 comments:

Stephanie J said...

I'm excited! I know a lot of book fans end up not liking the movies but I've always been a big supporter of the move to the big screen. Sure, it might not be how I pictured the story but it's interesting to see the interpretation!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I'm pumped, and I agree with the other comment...I don't mind changes in the book to movie adaption, b/c they ARE two different things..so you just have to go with it really. I love the people they chose though and I can't wait to see the movie.

OH, and we interviewed Justin Chon who is playing Eric on here...Just check last month's section. :)

Mary Danielson said...

I am THRILLED.

I seriously have been counting down the days. It's so sad. I love most of the casting choices...Peter Facinelli as Carlisle? Completely fantastic.

I'll be okay with the changes, I think...rumor has it that Stephenie Meyer had a lot of input on the script, so it shouldn't be too much of a shock.

PJ Hoover said...

I think I'm too old to be excited about it, but I am looking forward to seeing how it compares against the book! I loved the first book!

Kelly Krysten said...

I'm very excited. I discovered the book late, but now it's one of my favorites. I hope the movie lives up to the book, but that would be pretty hard. I'll enjoy it either way.

Jessica Burkhart said...

Steph, I completely agree that interpretation is ALWAYS interesting. :)

Shooting Stars, cool! I'll check out that interview. :)

Mary, you're not the only one counting down, LOL.

PJ, I'm excited, too!

Hi, Kelly. Thanks for stopping by!

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews