Sunday, September 30, 2007

Decorating party!

As per Burkhart family tradition (or because I bugged my mom endlessly!) we got out our Halloween decorations today and decorated! :) It's sort of a decoration war in my neighborhood and once our neighbor put up his scarecrow yesterday, I knew we were late. Yep, late. In September. Yes, I know it's only September, but I reaaaally love our pumpkins and witches. So, we got out the decorations and when I needed a break from editing, I put up our spooky Halloween collection. I can't stand scary movies, but I adore Halloween!

Every year, we buy one new item for our holiday decorations. This year, I found the most adorable (you'll see a pic) wreath at Wal-Mart. I had to by pass the Christmas section (talk about way too early!), but I found it.

I'm taking pictures tonight of everything and will post the best ones next week.

Anyone else decorate for Halloween?

6 comments:

sruble said...

I want to move to your neighborhood! I'd love to decorate early and be surrounded by Halloween fanatics :0) We live in a small apartment so we can't do a ton, but we do what we can.

Have fun decorating!

Stephanie
(sruble from the blue boards)

Anonymous said...

I haven't been a huge fan of Halloween, but lately each year I like it a little more. I still don't have *any* Halloween decorations though. I'm sure once we have kids it'll be something I do. Thanksgiving here in Canada is Oct. 8, so I can't get into Halloween until that passes anyway. But I adore Christmas and Dec. 1 I start putting lights up. That's my most favouritest holiday!

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Halloween is big at our house. The day isn't complete if we haven't scared a couple of kids.

We don't put the decorations up until a few days before Halloween, but we add a few new things each year ... my favourite is the coffin. This year we'll be adding gravestones and a ghoul rising up from the ground.

Seriously the best day of the year.

Jessica Burkhart said...

Hi, Stephanie! Thanks for coming over! :) Aw, that's too bad that you can't do much, but I'm sure there are lots of ways to dress up an apartment.

April, Oh, that's right! I forgot that your holidays are different. I adore Christmas, too! :)

Linda, gravestones sound great! I saw a scary head in a globe that talked, so I'm trying to convince my mom to make one more trip to the store... :)

Lis said...

I love Halloween. My mom wanted to put her pumpkin lights up end of August but I convinced her to wait till middle of September lol. We tend to do a lot of halloween decorating. We used to have a great door size cardboard witch but she ripped a couple years ago. Now we've got a lifesized skeleton we usually hang from the tree. Some years we dress him up, some years we don't

Jessica Burkhart said...

Hi, Lis! Thanks for stopping by! Oooh, I need a skeleton, LOL. :) Great story about your Mom. Sounds like we'd get along. ;)

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews