Sunday, September 16, 2012

Who's ready for Monday?

The weekend FLEW by for me. Anyone else?

I'm about to do a Skype chat with Lauryn (love the spelling!) who bid on the chat via eBay. All proceeds from items that I've been auctioning off are being collected and will be donated to NaNoWriMo's Young Writers' Program. :)

I got my "No typing or being on the computer!" rule lifted from my doctor. YAY! Even though, erm, I've been on the computer . . . I *did* listen about typing a lot. That counts, right? :)

I'm so happy that I can start (slowly, said the dr) working tomorrow. I'm on medication and have to follow RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation as much as I can. I do have to have surgery though. :( It should be minor and only keep me off the computer (for real that time) for 2-3 weeks. I've just started to look for a doctor (orthopedist) in NYC. There are so, so many doctors and if not done correctly, the surgery can make my pain worse (permanently!) so I have to do TONS of research. I'm nervous about letting someone mess with my arm considering it's what I need to do my job. Eep!

That aside, I did a lot of fall cleaning (check out all of the stuff for sale on my eBay page), read, and brainstormed new novel ideas. I fleshed out a YA that I've been wanting to work on FOREVER and after I finish the draft of JEALOUSY, I'll probably try to start an outline and sample chapters so I can pitch my idea to an editor. I wish I could tell you guys about it!!

I've got a phone call tomorrow about a Secret Sparkly Project so fingers crossed that it goes well. 

What did everyone do this weekend? Anything exciting going on this week?

I'll be writingwritingwriting and have 2 doctor appts, but that's it for this week.

Happy Sunday!

xx


3 comments:

CRocks said...

Don't worry Jess! You'll find the right doctor and you'll be fine. I'll be praying for you and i know you'll be right back to writing ang typing befor you know it!
Love,
-CRocks

Anonymous said...

How is Kate? I haven't heard a lot about her lately. I can't wait for Forever!! Just the title sounds good!! I just got Masquerade and can't wait to read it and the rest of the books in the series once they come out. :) Monday and the rest of the week is school so I'm not that excited but its good to know someone is :/ Have A great week and good luck with the surgery situation!!

Anonymous said...

Im really really really mad right now! :( Someone posted a spoiler on Amazon for Masquerade! And I was really curious so I read it!
-A_Malik2012

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews