Monday, January 2, 2012
**I added a new way to enter below!
It's almost heeeeerrrreeee!! (Can you tell I'm excited? Cuz I'm not. I mean, why would I be freaking out that Team Canterwood gets INITIATION tomorrow?! :D)
Some of you have already found it in stores (thank you, booksellers!) and a lot of you haven't yet. Whether you've grabbed your copy or not, I think it's time to party with prizes! How else are we supposed to welcome Lauren to Canterwood?
In honor of book number lucky 13, I've got some fab stuff (my faves!) up for grabs. Check it:
That's right! We've got AMAZING Hair Tinsel and Gelly Roll pens. (Thank you to everyone at Hair Flairs and Sakura of America for offering up these fantastic prizes.
(Here's a pic of me from last January wearing dark purple tinsel. I was signing a book for our very own Jill (<3!)--the model for Sasha.) :)
The prizes up for grabs:
4 winners will receive:
2 packets of different color Hair Tinsel and either pink or purple Gelly Roll pens (all Tinsel and pen colors chosen by me at random)
1 GRAND prize winner will receive:
Your choice of a 20 minute phone call or 20 minute Skype session with me! We'll both work out a date and time via e-mail. :)
You must be a US resident to enter. Sorry, international readers!! Winners will be drawn at random and notified via e-mail. So be sure to leave yours!
You have TWO WEEKS starting tomorrow to do one of the following (some options will be worth extra entries!):
* (Worth 5 extra entries) Review INITIATION on Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com or another book seller site. Put the link in your comment.
* Post a comment here about what you liked about Initiation after reading it
* (Worth 3 EXTRA entries) Send me a photo of you and your copy (it can be a paperback or Nook, Kindle, etc., of Initiation. I will NOT post the photo on my blog unless I have parental permission.
* (Worth 2 EXTRA entries) Post about INITIATION on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, etc. and leave the link in the comments, Tweet it to me, or tag me on Facebook.
* Post a comment here about how long it took you to finish Initiation
* (Worth 2 EXTRA entries) link to this blog post via your Twitter, Facebook, blog, etc!
* (Worth 4 EXTRA entries) Create something at Polyvore for your fave CC character!
* (Worth 5 EXTRA entries) Make a YouTube (or other video hosting site) video about Initiation. You can review it, talk about what you liked/didn't like, send a shout out to other members of Team Canterwood--whatever you like! Get creative! :) *Please DO NOT email me the video because the file size will fill my inbox and then I won't be able to receive your messages* Put the link to your video in the comments section of this post.
* And . . . 6 EXTRA entries go to the person (judged not by me, but by an impartial Internet friend) who gets the most creative about celebrating Initiation's release day.
The contest closes on Monday, January 16, at 11:59pm EST. I will e-mail the winners on January 17, so be sure to check your email!
Good luck to all!
Now, other stuff:
Among other places, you can find copies of INITIATION at awesome places such as:
Barnes & Noble
Books a Million
I've been thinking a lot today about all of Team Canterwood and how lucky I am to have such a wonderful, amazing, intelligent group of readers. It makes me teary when I think back to the first e-mail I ever received about someone liking TAKE THE REINS. I can't believe the very first book will be out for three years later this month.
I would not be able to live my dream as a writer without EACH and EVERY one of you. Your messages keep me inspired, even on the darkest, tough days. I wish I could hug you all and be able to come up with better words than "thank you" for everything you've given me and the Canterwood Crest series. It would not continue without you.
I wish you all a very happy New Year! I've got copyedits to finish on POPULAR and then I'm starting to write COMEBACK. :)
Much love and cheers to 2012!