Saturday, April 20, 2013

YouTube Contest!

While we wait for the publication of FAMOUS on June 11th, I think it's time for a CONTEST! :)



THE RULES:

You must be a US resident (So sorry international readers!) to win a prize
International readers CAN enter, but if you do win, you won't be able to receive your prize
There are no age restrictions
You must have a working e-mail address so I can get in touch with you if you win


WHAT TO DO:

Create a YouTube video that's 3 minutes or less about anything Canterwood! Get creative!

Upload it to your YouTube channel and e-mail me the LINK, NOT the video. I don't have room in my inbox! :)

Send the link to jess_burkhart AT hotmail DOT com

Put "YouTube Contest" in the subject of your e-mail

The deadline is May 5th, 2013.

That gives you one month! :) No entries will be accepted after that.

HOW THE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN:

You don't need a fancy, expensive program to create a video. For PC users, you can use Windows Movie Maker, if you like, and it comes free with your computer. I'm sure MAC has a similar program.

Three winners will be chosen based on:

* Creativity. Some ideas: discuss your fave character and why, talk about your fave book, do a slideshow of book covers, shoot yourself with your horse and a copy of your fave CC book, create a trailer for one of the books . . . you can do anything! Just keep it 3 minutes or less!

* Following all the rules. Any entries that don't won't be accepted.

* Capturing the Canterwood spirit!

* I will choose the winner. The decision will be posted here on May 12th OR May 19th depending on how many entries I receive.

THE PRIZE, YOU ASK? 

Three winners will have their choice of ONE of the following:

A phone call from me

A Skype session with me

A signed copy of FAMOUS

A FEW MORE RULES:

You must put your first name and first initial of your last name in your e-mail with your video link along with your age. I'll post the video on my blog and credit it like "Amanda K. age 11"

I will TRY to post all videos on my blog after the winners have been announced so you all can see the awesomeness that I know will be created. :)

GOOD LUCK! Post any questions you have here and I'll get to them ASAP! If you could blog, Tweet, Facebook, etc. about the contest, I'd so appreciate it!

xoxo

4 comments:

Kusanar said...

Ah man, it's tempting to enter...but I feel like I'm too old haha (even though I'm only a few years older than you.) If I won, all I'd want to talk about would be publishing and writing craft since I'm trying to break into the publishing world.

Violet and Ruby said...

Oh, please--you're never too old for tween books. :) They make up most of my reading list. You should totally enter! I'd love to talk publishing/craft if you won.

Violet and Ruby said...

(Oops. This is Jess just signed in as Violet and Ruby!) :)

Nora said...

Yay, cool contest! Am totally signing up. Hey Jess, I have a quick question, if you don't mind answering, cause I know you are super, super busy with writing and everything but: I'm a tween/teen author and I want to find a way to get published.. how did you do it?
If you don't mind! And tell Kate to get better- and I'm so reading the unicorn series, plus Wellington! Okay, I've been rambling :)

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews