Tuesday, May 28, 2013

One of my life and literary idols . . .

is without a doubt, Jeannette Walls. K has even had the opportunity to meet and speak with her. I treat my personalized, signed copy of HALF-BROKE HORSES as if it's gold. It is to me.

There's a wonderful article about Jeanette in the NYT. Even cooler? We share a pub date! Her first novel, THE SILVER STAR, hits shelves the same day as FAMOUS on June 11th. :)

Here's an excerpt from the interview:

"That’s why I can’t be bitter or angry, because I got the damn castle, didn’t I? And he and my mother gave me the tools to do it. I’ve got four flush toilets in this house, O.K.? Push the little lever, life is good. I got heat, push the little buttons, life is really good. I will never take anything for granted."

--Jeannette Walls

I already have the novel on pre-order and cannot wait to read it!

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews