Friday, February 23, 2007

The lull

So, I have over twenty magazine queries floating around and am anxiously awaiting responses. I'm in that stage where I have queries out at every magazine that I have an idea for, but now I have new queries ready for those mags but I can't query until I get a response from the current letter. I have a couple of timely stories that deserve queries, but I have nowhere to send them as of now. The waiting game with magazines seems to be growing longer during these past couple of months. Personally, I think things pick up the most of the summer, oddly enough. Oh well, I'll wait for e-mails and continue to look for new markets.

It seems magazines for tweens are taking over teen magazines. The tween mags are sweet and not as edgy as the older teen mags but the content seems to focus more on real-life instead of fluffy fashion.

On another note, I'm getting ready for NaNoEdMo and am looking ahead to Script Frenzy. There's also a sort of NaNoWriMo for playwrights, too, but I can't seem to find that link at the moment. Lots of options for everyone! I still haunt the NaNoWriMo forums every so often and enjoy learning what people are doing after November.

TGIF!

No comments:

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews