Thursday, September 18, 2008

My first live radio gig at Homeschool Companion on LifeTalk

Yesterday, I did my first live radio show for Homeschool Companion on LifeTalk Radio! A giant thanks to the lovely and fantastic Celeste Perrino-Walker who hooked me up with the gig. You rock!

The hosts, Candy DeVore and Rose Gamblin, were incredibly sweet and I had the best time chatting with them. Thank you both for inviting me!

Here's a link to the MP3 in case you'd like to hear it. I start about 15 minutes into the segment and I talk for about 45 minutes. I answer questions about homeschooling, writing for magazines, my volunteer work with the Effingham County Humane Society, surgery at Shriners, snagging an agent and much more. It's my first live radio show, so don't be too harsh! ;)

If the above link doesn't work, you can also find it here.

Now, I've got a super-cool clip when I approach more radio shows. :)

5 comments:

TJ Brown said...

Nice job, Jessica!
Teri

Jessica Burkhart said...

Thank you, Teri! :)

Barrie said...

You are so brave. Interviews kind of freak me out.

Kimbra Kasch said...

I hopped over to listen. Great job!

I loved the part about writing something that had personal meaning to you - in your first article. Everyone needs to write from their own passions.

I also enjoyed the part about learning how to meet deadlines from self-motivating through homeschooling.

Great inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jessica, this is a great site, thanks for being on our radio show! We will have you again in about six months, I hope you aren't too famous for us by then:)

Dr. Gamblin

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews