Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Books for my St. Louis trip

I've started to gather books for my trip to St. Louis and since I wanted to try different genres and new authors, I got some help from 1001 Books for Every Mood by Hallie Ephron. It's a cool book with lots of recommendations, summaries and tidbits about, obviously, 1001 books.

So, for trip reading, I've got on my list:

A Confederacy of Dunces
Girl, Interrupted
Girl with a Pearl Earring (then I'll have to watch the movie!)
The Historian (tried it and didn't have time to finish it, but I'm ready now!)
Sideways

Anyone read any of these? My bookbag will be full. Especially since it's going to have those books plus YA and MG.

I made the mistake of watching The Black Stallion over the weekend and now I'm obsessed with the series again. I <3 Walter Farley. I'll be rereading a couple of those books on the trip.

I'll be doing a Diary of a Debut Author video from Shriners and am excited about it!

6 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Have fun! Girl with a Pearl Earring is a great book. :)

Stephanie J said...

A Confederacy of Dunces is also on my TBR pile and I was told many wonderful things about The Historian and Girl with a Pearl Earring. Is Sideways the wine one like the movie?

Jessica Burkhart said...

Oooh, can't wait to read GIRL then, Keri. :)

Yep, Steph, the book Sideways inspired the movie.

Hallie Ephron said...

Hey, Jessica -- I'm so glad "1001 Books for Every Mood" was helpful! You picked some of my favorites.

If you really love one of those and want to write a Readers Guide for my web site, that would be fantastic...and you'd win another (signed) copy of the book (perfect christmas gift!) Details at www.hallieephron.com/1001books.

Best, and happy reading!

Hallie

Jessica Burkhart said...

Hi, Hallie! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll definitely check out your Website and will get the details on the Readers Guide. :)

Kimbra Kasch said...

The Black Stallion! But after having horses I wonder why anyone would want to ride a stallion???

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews