Sunday, November 3, 2013

Start of flashback posts chronicling my publication journey of Take the Reins

I'm going to be doing several blogs that will be from back in the DAY! I want to take a look back at the journey from writing TAKE THE REINS in 2006, to selling it in 2007, to it pubbing in 2009.

Let's kick this off with November 2006!

This is my third day of writing TTR. :)

Friday, November 3, 2006

NaNoWriMo Day 3

Words: 6061 by noon today
Sanity level: 95%
Coffee intake: 2
Swear words used: 5

Those are the stats! Lookin' good so far. I've met more people of interest this year in NaNo and the Harper Teen FanLit contest than I met last year. I was surprised to find successful authors on NaNo willing to help someone like me with the agent and publishing process. I figured authors with books on actual store shelves wouldn't give time to the little people but I was wrong! Kudos to those who have offered me encouragement....it goes a long way. :)

1 comment:

Katharine Swan said...

How fun to read this! My first year doing NaNo was 2006, too, though nothing (except for a NaNo winner badge) came of it.

In a previous post you mentioned you can't ride anymore. Why's that?

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews