Friday, October 12, 2007

Movies for Writers

The November 2007 issue of The Writer has an article by Darren Miller titled "10 moives every writer must see."

What movies make the list? Adaptation, Capote and The Hours among several others. I loved this list because it's not completely a list of the most award winning films, but a list of films for and about writers. Stranger Than Fiction makes the list and while that's not an Oscar worthy movie, it was truly delightful! :)

What movies do you think are good for writers? I saw Miss Potter a few weeks ago and loved it. It's not on the list, but it might have made a good honorable mention, perhaps.

4 comments:

Shari Green said...

How about Finding Forrester? I liked that one. And I loved Stranger Than Fiction!

I've got my copy of The Writer beside me, waiting to be read -- I'll have to check out that article.

Jessica Burkhart said...

Ooh, good one Shari! :)

Teacake said...

Misery. The definitive writer's nightmare.

Found your blog via the NaNo forums. Love the cookies! Must post my own Halloween cookie pix.

Jessica Burkhart said...

Hi, Teacake! Thanks for stopping by! Great movie suggestion! :)

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews