Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Fall TV: What will you watch?

I'm a self-professed TV junkie and as such, I absolutely cannot wait to stop
watching summer reality TV (except for Big Brother) and get back to scripted shows. In addition to shows already on air, there are several new shows that caught my eye. Here’s the list of shows I can’t wait to see:

Cashmere Mafia

The title alone makes me want to try it.

Gossip Girl

Any book to TV is a must see.

Kid Nation

Kids with their own mini-city—how cool is that?!

Survivor: China

As the first show to have such access to filming a reality show in China, I’m curious to see how this season unfolds.

Dirty Sexy Money

Uber-talented Donald Sutherland and the return of Portia De Rossi in this ABC show has me hooked for the pilot.

Pushing Daisies

This one received some of the best early reviews and the previews are gorgeous.

Private Practice

Shonda Rimes, I am not worthy. :)

Lipstick Jungle

Loved the book and we’ll see about Brooke.

New or old, what are you looking forward to this season?

*Finally, something off topic.*

Major congratulations to Florida State University’s own WILL BIGHAM who won last night’s On the Lot. Will won a million dollar contract with Dreamworks and is now working for Mr. Steven Spielberg. Yay, Will and congrats to you and your lovely family!

7 comments:

Emily Marshall said...

Yeay for new shows!!!

I love TV too.

There's a few more that caught my eyes that weren't on your list:

* Moonlight (just because it has Veronica Mars' Jason Dohring in it!!!!)

* Chuck (looks hilarious--and very interesting! And I love that guy from Less Than Perfect!)

* Samantha Who? ( really like Christina Applegate)

* Reaper (just cause I love the CW, but I am still REALLY MAD they canceled Veronica Mars. It's a good thing Kristen Bell will be the voice of "Gossip Girl" at least)

* Journeyman

* Bionic Woman (maybe)

I just realized that most of mine have more to do with people than the shows themselves. Oh well, kind of like I read by author instead of book.

Jessica Burkhart said...

Ooh, I forgot about Moonlight.

Samantha Who is one I'm thinking about. I don't know much about Christina A, but I'll probably try it since I love Barry Watson. :)

I was all geared up for Bionic Woman until they added Isaiah Washington. :/

Sara Hantz said...

I'm a total TV addict too. All in the name of research hahahaha.

We get a lot of your prgrams in NZ, none that you've listed at the moment but I guess they'll make it here eventually!

I can't wait to see Gossip Girls

Jessica Ferguson said...

Wow, Jess. FSU really turns out some talented people!

I'm still sulking about Veronica Mars being cancelled. My daughter got me hooked. :) I'm also mad that my favorite character on Close to Home was shot in the back of the head. I watched them bury her. And, a favorite FBI guy on Numbers was found to be a traitor. I'm steamin'...

I may not watch TV this season. :(

Anonymous said...

hey!! thanks for your nice note on the blue board. =) congrats on your books too. yay!!

*heidi
seaheidi.livejournal.com

Bri Meets Books said...

I have a leak of the Pushing Daisies pilot and it's GREAT. It's made by Bryan Fuller, who was behind Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls.

..My Kudzu review class might not make. :(

I really just watch The Office, 30 Rock, Scrubs and Psych.

Yay for Will! FSU's driving me crazy with their film class lineup this semester.

Jessica Burkhart said...

Bri, Lucky you with the Daisies pilot!! I'm jealous. :)

Oooh, no, sorry about your class! Is the enrollment too low?

Counting down to Saddlehill Academy!

  Hii, friends! I'm so very thrilled to remind everyone that NEXT MONTH (!!!) is the release of my first novel in eight years! Ahhhhh!!...

Total Pageviews